Kalipur Eco Village- Reasons to visit this avid eco-village near Murti
Staying in cottages away from the hustle and bustle of the maddening city life in the heart of the jungle is what Kalipur Eco village all about.
It is also known as Gorumara Eco Village. This resort brings you closer to Mother Nature to see a variety of wild animals to have been never seen before. This is a facility which is run by the Forest Department of Jalpaiguri being a part of Gorumara National Park. It is indeed a paradise for all nature lovers.
Best time to visit:
The ideal time to visit Kalipur Eco Village is from the mid of October to the mid of March. It especially remains closed during the rainy season and reopens in the mid of September. However, you might experience frequent rainfalls if you travel after September.
How to reach:
It does not take much time to reach the Eco Village but here is the list of distances to be covered by flight, train or road respectively:
- Bagdogra to Kalipur Eco Village:
Distance covered: 78 kilometers
Time: 2 hours and 11 minutes
- NJP to Kalipur Eco Village:
Distance covered: 62 kilometers
Time: 1 hour and 48 minutes
- Siliguri to Kalipur Eco Village:
Distance covered: 76 kilometers
Time: 2 hours and 6 minutes
Where to stay in Kalipur Eco Village:
There are many hotels, bungalows, and resorts to choose upon with better accommodation facilities. But the hotels near Murti River will offer the best possible facilities for you to have a comfortable and luxurious stay to have a wonderful vacation.
What to see in EcoVillage:
Tourists are genuinely attracted to many spots in Kalipur Eco Village which makes this place an ideal destination to visit for a holiday.
- Medhla Watchtower is the most attractive watchtower of Kalipur Eco Village
- Herds of elephants crossing the river
- You can see an abundance of wildlife
- An ideal place for bird watchers
- A tea garden to savor the best kind of tea
Things to do in the Village:
The elephant safari is the most exciting activity to be done while visiting the destination. You can also enjoy feeding the elephants and be a part of the local tribal dance in the evening to relax your weariness after a long day’s journey.
At the end we can sum up a few reasons for visiting Kalipur Eco Village:
- It is a jungle filled with a variety of wild animals
- The enjoyment of elephant safari in the morning and tribal dance in the evening
- This land is lavishly covered with grasslands and forests
- Staying in hut shaped cottages
- The only place to treasure the sight of one-horned Indian Rhinos
A walk in nature will let you explore the best
This eco-village has something to see and experience every day for the visitors. It is the ultimate definition of paradise on Earth for all nature lovers. And, if you are one of them then do visit Kalipur Eco-Village to have one of the best experiences of your life.